

Today was our last day and we went to the Vietnam Memorial, Roosevelt's Memorial, World War 2 Memorial, and to Arlington's National Cemetery. At the Vietnam Memorial there was a piece of paper that said, "Dying for freedom is not the worst that could happen, being forgotten is." That broke my heart when I read that. We learned that at Vietnam 58,261 men and women died fighting for our freedom.
At Roosevelt's Memorial I found two quotes that I liked. They were, "In these days of difficulty, we Americans everywhere must and shall choose the path of social justice...the path of hope, and the path of love toward our fellow man." The other quote was, "Among american citizens there should be no forgotten men and no forgotten races."
At Roosevelt's Memorial I found two quotes that I liked. They were, "In these days of difficulty, we Americans everywhere must and shall choose the path of social justice...the path of hope, and the path of love toward our fellow man." The other quote was, "Among american citizens there should be no forgotten men and no forgotten races."
No comments:
Post a Comment